User Tag List

The site is dying and we need you to revive it

like the title said
    yeah after moved to a different website, aosts is currently almost dying and lack of activity (blame scsa)
    if you have any great idea or motivation to bring aosts back to her golden time :love: please contact me in my discord senz#3725
    TOP NYAN

I was only here for a very short amount of time, and only really caught the very end of AOST's 'golden time', but I think we all know why this has happened.

Pretty much the only reason why I joined at first were downloads. Now, don't get me wrong, I know that there's nothing we can do about those, and to be super long winded and probs self-centred, but that's not the reason I stayed, the chats were great, and during my college period, it was great to not have to speak to people irl but still be apart of a fun conversation. I downloaded my music from other sites that provided easier ways of downloading, but unfortunately, that was the aim of a lot of people.

Now the problems we have now is that we don't provide any incentive for people to sign up and stay. As for the old members, perhaps it was the long shutdown period that we had. It was rather devastating and I spent a while stalking about three people to continue chatting. But that's not the only reason, of course. I think that most of the older members have rather busy lives and have simply moved on. Not to say that they weren't busy it the first place, but it's difficult to keep up with something that doesn't keep crossing your mind. This site's constant inactivity is a major problem for someone like me. I still like to chat, however that hard when people don't reply. Of course, in my own fashion, I could post all the over the site, like the crazy woman I am, but... not particularly into that.

Okay... so after rambling about basically everything that everyone knows, I recon that we need to keep people talking somehow, which is obvious, but I think it'd really help. Feel like it'd be great if people start replying frequently again. Realistically though, we need an incentive for people to stay, and that's when it starts to get a little sketchy. Copyright and server problems. Maybe we can do something with links for albums and lyrics. Perhaps detailed info pages. Of course anything like that will take a lot of effort.

Soz for typos.

what's up with the wall of text wew

anyway, we need to revamp this site like need more touch
    scsa and other are still active but just lost motivation

we talked about reviving aosts so many times but alas we're just lazy LUL

either we find a new guy
    or miraculously find the motivation to fix this site
    TOP NYAN

This site wont die. L_Ouinn , keep posting and I will too. https://vimeo.com/111574475

- - - Updated - - -

We all listen to kick ass music. That's enough. There is literally no one in RL I know who listens to or loves J/K Rock-Pop
    I wont get mocked or looked down upon here because I gain strength from KICK-ASS music. The old site gave me the validation of knowing that i'm not alone. Manga, Anime, Manhwa, and the tunes that accompany them allow me the maintain my faith in people and society. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING. thank you.
    Last edited by KurosTheImpaler; 08-26-2016 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by L_Ouinn View Post
    Now the problems we have now is that we don't provide any incentive for people to sign up and stay. As for the old members, perhaps it was the long shutdown period that we had. It was rather devastating and I spent a while stalking about three people to continue chatting. But that's not the only reason, of course. I think that most of the older members have rather busy lives and have simply moved on. Not to say that they weren't busy it the first place, but it's difficult to keep up with something that doesn't keep crossing your mind. This site's constant inactivity is a major problem for someone like me. I still like to chat, however that hard when people don't reply. Of course, in my own fashion, I could post all the over the site, like the crazy woman I am, but... not particularly into that.
    Issue is when a forum has been inactive for a while any prospective new members would arrive and go oh there has been 2 posts in a month this place is dead. And even with the community if there is no purpose to the forum then people might not log in so often and so there will be less posts which will cause the knock on effect of other people not being bothered to post much until it just becomes a ghost town. That's how I see it anyway.

Alright... Lets see.

IF I had hosting/ftp access I could get downloads working again. Downloads were sorta the point of this site and I see no reason not to bring them back (fair use allows Library Archiving). I would also help advertise... I do PHP and web design as a business and could get this site working if one of the admins would mind moving me up.

Until then, nothing I can do. We need dem downloadz back.
    Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.

spooky town LUL
    TOP NYAN

I used to frequent this site multiple times on a daily basis when I was in high school because back then, the site was quite active and it was exciting; now, I don't even know how to download music anymore, I can't recover all of my pictures from my old profile.
    it's almost like the higher ups (DJ X?) gave uo on up us and the site became...stale.